The man who knows no foreign language, knows nothing of his mother.

THE 500 MOST COMMONLY USED WORDS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE



Second 100 Most Commonly Used English Words

Improve your English vocabulary! Good luck
Migliora il tuo vocabolario inglese! Buona fortuna

N.
Vocabolo inglese
Traduzione
italiano
Esempio
101
any
qualunque
I can play any kind of guitar
So suonare qualunque tipo di chitarra
102
new
nuovo
That is my new guitar
Questa è la mia nuova chitarra
103
work
lavoro
I work hard all week long
Lavoro duro tutta la settimana
104
part
parte
I liked the first part of the concert
Mi è piaciuta la prima parte del concerto
105
take
prendere
Take an instrument and play with me
Prendi uno strumento e suona con me
106
get
ottenere
You’ll get great results
Otterrai grandi risultati
107
place
luogo
The garage is the place I use to play
Di solito suono in garage
108
made
passato di make
The children made a lot of noise
I bambini facevano molto rumore
109
live
vivere
I’d like to live in Spain
Mi piacerebbe vivere in Spagna
110
where
dove
Where do your children go tu school?
Dove vanno a scuola i tuoi figli?
111
after
dopo
Let’s meet after the concert
Vediamoci dopo il concerto
112
back
dietro, schiena
My cousin has back problems
Mio cugino ha problemi di schiena
113
little
piccolo
I have three little brothers
Ho tre fratelli più piccoli
114
only
solo
Only one of my brothers goes to school
Solo uno dei miei fratelli va a scuola
115
round
rotondo
Coins are round
Le monete sono rotonde
116
man
uomo
That man invented the coin
Quell’uomo inventò la moneta
117
year
anno
My sister goes on vacation once a year
Mia sorella va in vacanza una volta all’anno
118
came
passato di come
They came on vacation at my place
Vennero in vacanza a casa mia
119
show
mostrare
Show me the video of your vacation
Mostrami il video della tua vacanza
120
every
ogni
Every year there are many car accidents
Ogni anno capitano molti incidenti automobilistici
121
good
bene
He is a good man
È un brav’uomo
122
me
mi, me
Jessica is fatter than me
Jessica è più grassa di me
123
give
dare
Don’t give her more food
Non darle altro cibo
124
our
nostro
This is our wedding video
Questo è il video delle nostre nozze
125
under
sotto
The guitar is under the sofa
La chitarra è finita sotto il sofà
126
name
nome
I do not remember your brother’s name
Non ricordo il nome di tuo fratello
127
very
molto
Your new sofa is very nice
Il tuo nuovo sofà è proprio carino
128
through
attraverso
I’d like to pass through the walls
Mi piacerebbe passare attraverso i muri
129
just
solo, appena
Fred just missed the train
Fred ha appena perso il treno
130
form
scheda, modulo
Fill in that form to suscribe
Riempite quel modulo per iscrivervi
131
much
molto
The exam form was so much clear
La scheda d’esame era molto chiara
132
great
ottimo
Fred and Jessica did a great show
Fred e Jessica hanno fatto un grande spettacolo
133
think
pensare
To think causes me headache
Pensare mi provoca il mal di testa
134
say
dire
What were you about to say?
Cosa stavi per dire?
135
help
aiuto
I need my parents’ help!
Ho bisogno dell’aiuto dei miei genitori
136
low
basso
The plane was flying low
L’aereo volava basso
137
line
linea
All along the line
Su tutta la linea
138
before
prima
Listen to me before you say something
Ascolta me prima di dire qualcosa
139
turn
girare
Please turn left
Gira a sinistra per favore
140
cause
causare
You were the cause of my divorce
Hai causato tu il mio divorzio
141
same
stesso
My cousin and my brother go to the same school
Mio cugino e mio fratello frequentano la stessa scuola
142
mean
significare
What does “ab illo tempore” mean?
Cosa significa “ab illo tempore”?
143
differ
differire
Your point of view differs from mine
Il tuo punto di vista differisce dal mio
144
move
muovere
Let’s move the wordrobe upstairs
Portiamo l’armadio al piano di sopra
145
right
giusto
We’ll do it at the right moment
Lo faremo al momento giusto
146
boy
ragazzo
Look at that boy, do you know him?
Guarda quel ragazzo, lo conosci?
147
old
vecchio
I want to buy an old bycicle
Voglio comprarmi una vecchia bicicletta
148
too
anche
I like apples, and oranges too
Mi piacciono le mele e anche le arance
149
does
lui, lei fa
She always does the right thing
Lei fa sempre la scelta giusta
150
tell
dire
Don’t tell father I was beeing spoilt
Non dire a papà che ho fatto i capricci
151
sentence
frase
The third sentence has a spelling error
Nella terza frase c’è un errore di ortografia
152
set
stabilire
They want to meet to set the price
Vogliono incontrarsi per stabilire il prezzo
153
three
tre
My cousin has three dogs
Mia cugina ha tre cani
154
want
volere
I want to go to the cinema
Voglio andare al cinema
155
air
aria
Today the air is fresh
Oggi l’aria è fresca
156
well
bene
Things are going well
Le cose stanno andando bene
157
also
anche
Bring the red one also
Porta anche quello rosso
158
play
giocare, suonare
The band plays in a garage
La band suona in un garage
159
small
piccolo
I live in a small village
Vivo in un piccolo paese
160
end
fine
The world is not going to end today
Il mondo non finirà oggi
161
put
mettere
Put the dogs in their fence
Metti i cani nel loro recinto
162
home
casa
John wants to go home
John vuole andare a casa
163
read
leggere
I read the newspaper every day
Leggo il giornale ogni giorno
164
hand
mano
This objects are made by hand
Questi sono oggetti fatti a mano
165
port
porto
Genoa has a beautiful port
Genova ha un bel porto
166
large
grande
They bought a large house
Hanno comprato una casa grande
167
spell
incantesimo, fascino
The spell of the music made us feel good
Il fascino della musica ci ha fatto sentire bene
168
add
aggiungere
Can you add some more sugar in my coffe?
Puoi aggiungermi dello zucchero nel caffè?
169
even
pari, uguale
Odd or even
Pari o dispari
170
land
terra
This land is fertile
Questa terra è fertile
171
here
qui
Here the land is fertile
Qui la terra è fertile
172
must
dovere
You must come to our concert
Devi venire al nostro concerto
173
big
grande
After the concert there will be a big party
Dopo il concerto ci sarà una grande festa
174
high
alto
It is a high tree
È un albero alto
175
such
come
I’d like to have a girlfriend such Jessica
Vorrei avere una fidanzata come Jessica
176
follow
seguire
Follow the instruction to get to the concert
Seguite le istruzioni per raggiungere il concerto
177
act
atto
That man is guilty of several violent acts
Quell’uomo è colpevole di diversi atti violenti
178
why
perché
Why this land is so fertile?
Perché questa terra è così fertile?
179
ask
chiedere
Ask Jessica for the tickets
Chiedete a Jessica per i biglietti
180
men
uomini
There are very sed men
Ci sono uomini molto tristi
181
change
cambiare
Can I change my airline ticket?
Posso cambiare il mio biglietto aereo?
182
went
passato di go
We went to the concert by bus
Siamo andati al concerto in autobus
183
light
leggero
I’ll have a light coffe
Prendo un caffè leggero
184
kind
gentile
Your son is always so kind to me!
Tuo figlio è sempre così gentile con me!
185
off
dal, giù, spento
All lights are off
Tutte le luci sono spente
186
need
aver bisogno
I need a strong coffe
Ho bisogno di un caffè forte
187
house
casa
Their new house has two garages
Nella loro casa nuova ci sono due garage
188
picture
fotografia
Let’s take a picture of that wonderful house
Facciamo una foto a quella casa stupenda
189
try
provare
Try to find the tickets for the concert
Prova a cercare i biglietti per il concerto
190
us
noi
Come and have dinner with us
Vieni a cena da noi
191
again
di nuovo
He knocked again at my door
Ha bussato di nuovo alla mia porta
192
animal
animale
I want to full up my house with animals
Voglio riempire la mia casa di animali
193
point
punto
Art what point did you get it?
A che punto te ne sei accorto?
194
mother
madre
My mother used to buy me candies
Mia madre mi comprava sempre caramelle
195
world
mondo
I do not like the world we are living in
Non mi piace il mondo in cui viviamo
196
near
vicino
We live near the hospital
Viviamo vicino all’ospedale
197
build
costruire
It takes a lot of time to build a hospital
Ci vuole parecchio tempo per costruire un ospedale
198
self
He only thinks of self
Pensa solo a se stesso
199
earth
terra
It’s better if you come down-to-earth
E’ meglio se tieni i piedi per terra
200
father
padre
Does your father play soccer?
Tuo padre gioca a calcio?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento